As a nonprofit service organization with a focus on youth, YMCA Camp Coniston creates experiences that build spirit, mind, and body for all.
To leverage Coniston’s unparalleled programs and outdoor setting by enhancing every participant’s cognitive development and long term health through building relationships, resiliency, trust, success, and adult interaction.
Since becoming an independently chartered Association of the YMCA in 1997, the Coniston board and staff have worked diligently to solidify the foundations of Camp. Facilities have been renovated, the camper base and waitlists have expanded, and the reputation as a leader in youth work has grown from local to national in scope.
Having built this list of accomplishments and accolades, the board developed a path for the future by planning under the following beliefs:
- A Coniston filled with campers from all walks of life is stronger for every child.
- Every child needs a Camp opportunity regardless of financial means.
- Camperships should follow a child to ensure long-term development.
- Price increases should be minimal ensuring more families can afford camp.
- Camp should grow to serve more children.
- Camp will need a nest egg for longevity and sustainability.
YMCA Camp Coniston operates around the values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and inclusivity. It is through this spirit and thoughtful programs that camp provides each camper without regard to gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, handicap or national origin as outlined in the Coniston Experience the opportunity to be a vital member of a larger community.