Site Assistant Job Description
Reporting to the Site Director, this individual is responsible for support and to help maintain the overall successful operation of the Afterschool Program. Through working cooperatively with staff, aiding in presenting age appropriate activities, and positively interacting with children, parents, and families, the Site Assistant will model and promote the four core values of the YMCA: caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. By providing these services the Site Assistant is committed and obligated to practice confidentiality and to protect any PHI (personal health information) at all times.
- Must be 16 years old
- Must be sensitive and mature
- Able to relate well with both children and adults
- With Children
- Interact with each child daily- greet each child as they walk in the door; engage in conversation throughout the afternoon
- Positively lead and teach children in an age appropriate manner, facilitating and encouraging peer interaction
- Listen and respond to the wants, concerns, and needs of each child
- Ensure the safety of every child and gain knowledge of their individual needs via medical records or conversation with authorized personnel
- Adhere to discipline policy as outlined in the Afterschool Staff Manual
- Interact and encourage children continuously throughout the Afterschool day
- Assist in creating a positive atmosphere that boosts self-esteem and general self-concept of all participants
With Parents and Families
- Acknowledge and greet each parent daily, welcoming them into the room during pick-up time
- Engage in conversation with parents, discussing positive aspects and/or concerns regarding their child’s day
- In the absence of the Site Supervisor, be prepared to contact parents: in case of emergency, to inquire about unexplained absence, if a child is too ill to stay in the program, to discuss behavior and disciplinary issues
- Communicate professional development needs to the Site Supervisor.
- Maintain open communication with the Site Supervisor regarding children, activities, parents/family interaction, site concerns, and work schedules
- Be present everyday that Afterschool is in session
- Remain on site until the last child has left
- Familiarize yourself with, use, and keep current with the paperwork in your binder. Such items include: Fire Drill Forms and protocol, Medical Forms, Parent Contact Lists, Site Guidelines, Behavior Incident Reports, School Calendar, etc.
- Be able to use Sandbox Software to access enrollment information, parent contacts, medical information and daily attendance
- Understand current health and safety standards and ensure they are upheld at all times
- Maintain a clean site with an organized closet, clean tables, and floors, etc.
- Use individual creativity to enhance the program as a whole
- Every staff member must participate in 18 hours of training throughout each school year
- All staff must adhere to the confidentiality policy regarding children, families, and other staff members
- Always act as a positive role model to the children and model professional behavior for other staff
- Demonstrate proper language, cleanliness, punctuality, appropriate behavior, and enthusiasm
- This description is not all inclusive. Some duties may be assigned or reassigned as required.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 – $14.00 per hour
We are following state and school guidelines for COVID-19 including masking, distancing, sanitizing, etc..