Since 2017, we have hired two to three young adults to work as part of our year round team. They are usually College graduates or of that age and are Coniston alum. We decided to start offering this position to give our alum a chance to work and gain life experience while learning more about the field. The Associates have the opportunity to work closely with every aspect of our year round operation. This allows them to gain an understanding of what working in a Camp and a Non-Profit entails.
camp and non-profit
- Previous camp staff experience or equivalent work with children and college-aged students
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record to be put on camp auto insurance
- Assist in outdoor maintenance over rough terrain and pick up at least 40lbs
- Needs to have basic Microsoft computer & internet skills
- College degree preferred
- One to Two year commitment beginning the Wednesday after Session 5 through the end of the following summer (position changes in the summer)
- Live on camp, potentially with one or two roommates, including co-associate.
- Share workspace and workload with a co-Associate.
- Work cooperatively with co-Associate, Executive Director, Registrar, Camp Directors, Afterschool Director, Development & Communication Director, Office Assistant, Accountant, and Maintenance Staff in the overall smooth operation of the organization.
- Prioritize and efficiently manage multiple requests by implementing time-management skills.
- Generate and implement new concepts and materials in print and online media for alumni & community engagement, content marketing, and information presentation.
- Assist in host duties of on-site events for fundraising and volunteering, including directing 20+ volunteer participants.
- Use basic maintenance equipment (rakes, leaf blowers, 4 wheeler, etc.).
- Brainstorm, participate, and assist as needed in the selection process for summer staff, including LIT
- Move flexibly between tasks related to database management, alumni engagement, volunteer coordination, and afterschool programming.
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for the following season (program & staffing)
- Spearhead projects across departments upon request as well as brainstorming projects in your area of expertise that have a clear use to the organization.
- Foster a fun, friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Must be observant of the big picture of the camp program and aware of camper, staff, and consumer behaviors and expectations
- Serve on the Management Team (Senior Staff) in planning and implementing successful summer programs.
- Enjoy living in and working in the outdoors.
- This person reports to the Summer Camp Directors
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding a range of sensitive issues, including camper info and the hiring process.
- Collaborate with peers and supervisors to ensure effective and efficient organization functioning.
- Recruit and hire a variety of summer staff positions, including photographer
- Complete projects based on office requests
- Duties as assigned
Jesse joined our year-round team after working this summer as our international coordinator and dance director. Jesse recently graduated from the University of Sheffield with a degree in Journalism Studies. Jesse has worked on many projects this year including helping build the new website, creating an online portal for new international staff and planning alumni events. Jesse is also one of the supervisors for Sunapee’s Afterschool Program.
Patrick joined our year round team after working as the Program Leadership Director position this past summer. Patrick recently graduated Ithaca College with a degree in Business Administration and Marketing. Patrick has been been involved with many projects this past year including fundraising, event planning and planning off-site trips for the summer.
Chloe joined our year-round team after working this summer as our Aquatics Director. Chloe has spent the past few years studying wilderness and emergency medicine. Chloe has worked on many projects this year including running on our social media, writing for our publications and planning the CIT trips for the summer. Chloe is also one of the supervisors for Suanpee's Afterschool Program.